June 12, 2017 2 Comments
Low Carb Protein Pancakes
By Brice Woodard, ABS Team Member
Pancakes are delicious. Breakfast, lunch, dinner or even a snack. Finding delicious pancakes that are also low carb is a challenge. With oatmeal or flour being one of the main ingredients in most pancakes, pancakes are not always a carb friendly option. Fortunately, there is a solution.
Substituting in coconut flour not only lowers your overall carb count, but it also adds a ton of fiber and a little extra protein. Check out this delicious low carb protein pancake recipe to spice up your next meal.
Makes 3-4 pancakes:
1 rounded scoop of ABS Cinnamon Roll Protein Pancake Mix
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Mix ABS Cinnamon Roll Protein Pancake Mix with water, egg whites, baking powder, coconut flour, sea salt and set aside.
2. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
3. Spray pan and make three to four pancakes by scooping or pouring out batter into the pan.
4. Cook for 40-60 seconds until bubbles begin to appear and pop.
5. Flip for another 40-60 seconds until golden brown.
6. Top with favorite Sugar-Free Syrup.
With only eleven net carbs, these low carb pancakes are a no-brainer. You can enjoy them any time of the day, and they taste great as a snack. Top with your favorite sugar-free syrup or cinnamon and enjoy this tasty low-carb option.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
December 04, 2020
August 13, 2020