May 26, 2017 2 Comments
Fluffy Protein Pancakes
By Brice Woodard, ABS Team Member
Protein pancakes are a fantastic food when you are trying to develop healthier eating habits. They taste good, they're incredibly easy to make and are a great addition to any diet. You whip up your first batch, excited to give them a try, and it happens. They come out flat. While flat pancakes still taste good, big and fluffy is still the best way to enjoy pancakes. With just a few changes, you can turn those flat, hard flat cakes into big and fluffy pancakes.
Egg whites are the first ingredient needed to increase the fluffiness of your pancakes. When adding them, make sure you thoroughly beat them first to maximize fluffiness. As an added bonus, egg whites will also add some additional protein to your pancakes. Baking powder also acts as a natural leavening agent in a wet mixture. Mix these two ingredients into your pancake mix and say goodbye to flat pancakes.
Ready to get started? This recipe is simple, healthy, and incredibly fluffy. Substitute your favorite flavor of ABS Protein Pancake Mix if you want to switch up your flavor.
Makes 1 Stack:
Attributes: Gluten Free
Ingredients: 1 rounded scoop of ABS Vanilla Protein Pancake Mix
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Mix together ABS Vanilla Cake Batter Protein Pancake Mix with water, egg whites, baking powder and set aside.
2. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
3. Spray pan and make three pancakes by scooping or pouring out batter into the pan.
4. Cook for 40-60 seconds until bubbles begin to appear and pop.
5. Flip for another 40-60 seconds until golden brown.
6. Top with favorite sugar-free syrup.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
December 04, 2020
August 13, 2020