Lemon Protein Pancakes
By Brice Woodard, ABS Team Member
Lemon is one of those flavors that tastes great any time of the year, but is flat out incredible during the summer. Lemon cakes, lemon meringue pie, lemon drops. All favorite summertime treats that could be enjoyed every day without getting sick of them.
The hard truth to accept is that despite lemon being a healthy fruit, lemon dishes aren't usually the same. They are often loaded with excess sugar and calories that don't agree with your waistline. Fret not; we have a solution for your lemon fix.
When I need a sweet fix, I always reach for my ABS Protein Pancakes mix to start. This time I decided to go with Vanilla Cake Batter and see what I could come up with. After a little experimentation and a few duds, I came up with this tasty lemon protein pancake recipe.
Makes 3-4 pancakes:
1 rounded scoop of ABS Vanilla Cake Batter Protein Pancake Mix
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup egg whites
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp lemon zest
3 oz fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
1. Mix ABS Vanilla Cake Batter Protein Pancake Mix with water, egg whites, coconut flour, lemon juice, lemon zest, and set aside.
2. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
3. Spray pan and make three to four pancakes by scooping or pouring out batter into the pan.
4. Cook for 40-60 seconds until bubbles begin to appear and pop.
5. Flip for another 40-60 seconds until golden brown.
6. Top with fat-free Greek yogurt.
*If you'd like to skip the lemon zest, just add another tbsp of lemon juice. Just make sure to add 2 tbsp extra of coconut flour to maintain thickness.
Whip up a batch of these any time your lemon cravings get too strong. They'll hit the spot and keep you from overindulging in the sweeter options.