Bananas and pancakes were meant to be together. Bananas offer a natural sweetness and fluffiness to pancakes that are hard to beat. That goodness does come with a price, though.
Bananas combined with traditional pancake recipes will leave you with a low protein, high carb pancake that should be only enjoyed as a treat.
Swapping out a few key ingredients can completely change banana pancakes and turn them into a delicious meal that you can enjoy at any time.
Makes 3-4 pancakes:
1 rounded scoop of ABS Vanilla Cake Batter Protein Pancake Mix
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup egg whites
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 medium banana
1 tbsp cinnamon
1. Mix ABS Vanilla Cake Batter Protein Pancake Mix with water, egg whites, cinnamon, and set aside.
2. Mash up 1/2 of banana and stir into mix.
3. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
4. Spray pan and make three to four pancakes by scooping or pouring out batter into the pan.
5. Cook for 40-60 seconds until bubbles begin to appear and pop.
6. Flip for another 40-60 seconds until golden brown.
7. Slice up remaining 1/2 of banana and top pancakes.
8. Top with favorite sugar-free syrup.
These delicious banana protein pancakes work great as a meal or you can cook up multiple batches and enjoy them as a snack throughout the week. If you're looking for a tasty twist to this recipe, swap out the ABS Vanilla Cake Batter protein pancake mix for our ABS Chocolate Chip protein pancake mix. You can't go wrong with either variety.