Bananas and pancakes were meant to be together. Bananas offer a natural sweetness and fluffiness to pancakes that are hard to beat. That goodness does come with a price, though.
Bananas combined with traditional pancake recipes will leave you with a low protein, high carb pancake that should be only enjoyed as a treat.
Swapping out a few key ingredients can completely change banana pancakes and turn them into a delicious meal that you can enjoy at any time.
Makes 3-4 pancakes:
1 rounded scoop of ABS Vanilla Cake Batter Protein Pancake Mix
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup egg whites
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 medium banana
1 tbsp cinnamon
1. Mix ABS Vanilla Cake Batter Protein Pancake Mix with water, egg whites, cinnamon, and set aside.
2. Mash up 1/2 of banana and stir into mix.
3. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
4. Spray pan and make three to four pancakes by scooping or pouring out batter into the pan.
5. Cook for 40-60 seconds until bubbles begin to appear and pop.
6. Flip for another 40-60 seconds until golden brown.
7. Slice up remaining 1/2 of banana and top pancakes.
8. Top with favorite sugar-free syrup.
These delicious banana protein pancakes work great as a meal or you can cook up multiple batches and enjoy them as a snack throughout the week. If you're looking for a tasty twist to this recipe, swap out the ABS Vanilla Cake Batter protein pancake mix for our ABS Chocolate Chip protein pancake mix. You can't go wrong with either variety.
This is a super easy and healthy dessert recipe that is low carb, high protein, gluten-free, keto-friendly, and delicious! We are making an ABS Protein Birthday Cake with ABS Low Sugar Icing so that you can enjoy a healthy dessert every day while sticking to your nutrition and weight loss goals