July 24, 2017
Apple Pie Protein Panckes
By Brice Woodard, ABS Team Member
Apple pie is one of my favorite Thanksgiving treats. Even though it's available year-round, I always avoid it. Apple pie isn't always exactly the healthiest food you can put into your body. Avoiding it completely used to be the method of choice.
Avoiding foods altogether can lead to overeating when you do eat it, which is usually worse for you in the long run. Finding a suitable alternative can help alleviate binging on these treats and allow you to enjoy the flavor year-round.
I came across an Apple Pie pancake recipe and made a few modifications to make it a much healthier option with the help of some ABS Protein Pancake mix. Check out what I came up with if you need an apple pie fix as well.
Makes 3-4 pancakes:
1 rounded scoop of ABS Vanilla Cake Batter Protein Pancake Mix
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup egg whites
1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1/3 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 medium apple, diced then
1. Mix ABS Vanilla Cake Batter Protein Pancake Mix with water, egg whites, old fashioned oats, vanilla extract, cinnamon, Greek yogurt, and set aside.
2. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
3. Spray pan and make three to four pancakes by scooping or pouring out batter into the pan.
4. Cook for 40-60 seconds until bubbles begin to appear and pop.
5. Sprinkle in diced apples into pancake mix.
6. Flip for another 40-60 seconds until golden brown.
Now you can enjoy the taste of apple pie anytime without the guilt that follows. Give them a try and let us know what you think!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
December 04, 2020
August 13, 2020