By Brice Woodard, ABS Team Member
Who doesn't love a little red velvet in their lives? With this recipe, you can enjoy the flavor of red velvet without all the calories. This recipe even does away with the red dye that has been shown to link to cancer in recent studies. Try out this recipe to enjoy some guilt-free red velvet protein pancakes!
Makes 3-4 pancakes:
1 rounded scoop of ABS Vanilla Cake Batter Protein Pancake Mix
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup beet juice
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1. Mix ABS Vanilla Cake Batter Protein Pancake Mix with water, egg whites, baking powder, beet juice, and set aside.
2. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
3. Spray pan and make three to four pancakes by scooping or pouring out batter into the pan.
4. Cook for 40-60 seconds until bubbles begin to appear and pop.
5. Flip for another 40-60 seconds until golden brown.
6. Top with plain Greek yogurt.
Enjoy these delicious Red Velvet Protein Pancakes today and let us know what you think! You might even like these better than actual red velvet cake.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
1 Muffin= Calories: 157 Protein: 6g Healthy Fats: 12g Carbs: 4g Net Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g
You can enjoy delicious Chocolate Chip Muffins every morning or evening as a snack while staying High Protein and Low Carb!
Calories: 190 Protein: 9g Healthy Fats: 14g Carbs: 9g Net Sugar: 0g
This delicious chocolate fudge protein brownie is so good you would have no idea that it was actually a healthy baked good!
Calories: 220 Protein: 35g Carbs: 9g net Sugar: 3g
Nutrition is based off just the Pancakes as the macronutrients will vary depending on the brands you use for the nut butter and the chocolate syrup.
This is a delicious and nutritious way to get your Chocolate Dessert craving in while sticking to your fitness goals.