Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
By Brice Woodard, ABS Team Member
Fall is coming shortly. More layers, more leaves, and more pumpkin. Yep, pumpkin. The return of everything pumpkin is around the corner and it could not come soon enough. Pumpkin coffee, pumpkin cookies, and of course, pumpkin pancakes.
Pumpkin pancakes are a great addition to any meal, but most are heavy in sugar and carbs. After making a few tweaks and incorporating the natural sweetness of our ABS Cinnamon Roll protein pancake mix, we created a high-protein alternative that is perfect for any meal.
Makes 3-4 pancakes:
1 rounded scoop of ABS Cinnamon Roll Protein Pancake Mix
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup egg whites
1/4 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1. Mix ABS Cinnamon Roll Batter Protein Pancake Mix with water, egg whites, old fashioned oats, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and set aside.
2. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
3. Spray pan and make three to four pancakes by scooping or pouring out batter into the pan.
4. Cook for 40-60 seconds until bubbles begin to appear and pop.
5. Flip for another 40-60 seconds until golden brown.
6. Top with favorite sugar-free syrup.
Beat the crowd and start enjoying pumpkin protein pancakes before Fall officially comes. These work great as a breakfast staple or a delicious snack throughout the day. Enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
1 Muffin= Calories: 157 Protein: 6g Healthy Fats: 12g Carbs: 4g Net Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g
You can enjoy delicious Chocolate Chip Muffins every morning or evening as a snack while staying High Protein and Low Carb!
Calories: 190 Protein: 9g Healthy Fats: 14g Carbs: 9g Net Sugar: 0g
This delicious chocolate fudge protein brownie is so good you would have no idea that it was actually a healthy baked good!
Calories: 220 Protein: 35g Carbs: 9g net Sugar: 3g
Nutrition is based off just the Pancakes as the macronutrients will vary depending on the brands you use for the nut butter and the chocolate syrup.
This is a delicious and nutritious way to get your Chocolate Dessert craving in while sticking to your fitness goals.