Peaches and Cream Protein Pancakes
By Brice Woodard, ABS Team Member
Peaches are in season and that makes it the perfect time for peaches and cream! I originally came up with this recipe after going on a peach yogurt binge and realized it would make the perfect topping for some delicious pancakes.
After some small tweaking, I created this recipe that gives you the protein-packed goodness you can expect from ABS pancakes, as well as the sweet and creamy goodness that comes from peaches and cream. Check it out!
Makes 3-4 pancakes:
1 rounded scoop of ABS Vanilla Cake Batter Protein Pancake Mix
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp peach-flavored Greek yogurt
1/4 cup diced peaches
1. Mix ABS Vanilla Cake Batter Protein Pancake Mix with water, egg whites, baking powder, and set aside.
2. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
3. Spray pan and make three to four pancakes by scooping or pouring out batter into the pan.
4. Cook for 40-60 seconds until bubbles begin to appear and pop.
5. Fold in diced peaches.
6. Flip for another 40-60 seconds until golden brown.
6. Top with peach-flavored Greek yogurt.
This recipe works great with fresh, frozen, or canned peaches, but fresh peaches will provide a sweetness and texture that's hard to get from the frozen or canned counterparts.
If you do opt for the canned or frozen version, adding in Stevia or Truvia can help boost the sweetness without the additional calories. You can also add your favorite sugar-free syrup in with your yogurt topping to make your pancakes a little more traditional. Enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.