Orange Cream Protein Pancakes
By Brice Woodard, ABS Team Member
Don't you just love Orange Creamsicles? They are the picture perfect summer snack.
But that's not all. Don't forget about Orange Cream cupcakes. Orange cream anything is a great summer treat. While these taste amazing, they come loaded with added sugar and take quite a bit to fill you up.
On my quest to find a tasty and healthier alternative, I came across some orange zest in my spice cabinet and decided to give it a try. Let me tell you, I was pleasantly surprised. The orange zest added a nice addition to both the flavor and the color of the pancakes, but made its biggest impact in the sauce.
The sweetness of the sauce is the perfect combination to go with the wholesome goodness that comes with these pancakes. They'll fill you up and hit that sweet spot all in one swoop. Check it out.
Makes 3-4 pancakes:
1 rounded scoop of ABS Vanilla Cake Batter Protein Pancake Mix
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup egg whites
1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
1 tbsp orange zest
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Mix ABS Vanilla Cake Batter Protein Pancake Mix with water, egg whites, baking powder, vanilla extract, half of orange zest, and set aside.
2. Create sauce by mixing Greek yogurt with remaining orange zest.
3. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
4. Spray pan and make three to four pancakes by scooping or pouring out batter into the pan.
5. Cook for 40-60 seconds until bubbles begin to appear and pop.
6. Flip for another 40-60 seconds until golden brown.
7. Top with sauce.
These are a great summer treat that can help fill the void from those delicious orange cream desserts. Try these out and let us know what you think!
Comments will be approved before showing up.