Lemon Chia Seed Protein Pancakes
By Brice Woodard, ABS Team Member
Fitting more nutrient-packed foods into your diet can be challenging. Chia seeds are no exception. Packed with fiber, protein, and Omega-3 fatty acids, these are a great addition to any food. Fitting chia seeds into a specialty diet is a breeze as they are naturally gluten-free and non-GMO.
Chia seeds are a nice addition to pancakes and taste great with lemon. With these lemon chia seed protein pancakes, you'll get the best of both worlds. You'll get a protein-packed pancake that you've come to know and love. You'll also get the nutrition boost from the chia seeds all in a delicious recipe.
Without further ado, check out these delicious and nutritious Lemon Chia Seed Protein Pancakes!
Makes 3-4 pancakes:
1 rounded scoop of ABS Vanilla Cake Batter Protein Pancake Mix
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup egg whites
1/2 medium banana
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp chia seeds
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Mix ABS Vanilla Cake Batter Protein Pancake Mix with water, egg whites, banana, baking powder, chia seeds, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and set aside.
2. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
3. Spray pan and make three to four pancakes by scooping or pouring out batter into the pan.
4. Cook for 40-60 seconds until bubbles begin to appear and pop.
5. Flip for another 40-60 seconds until golden brown.
These delicious pancakes have become a staple of my diet since trying them. They taste amazing and are chock-full of nutrients. Give them a try and let us know what you think.
Comments will be approved before showing up.