Chocolate Chip Protein Doughnuts with Chocolate Icing
(High Protein, Low Carb & Low Sugar)
By Maria England, ABS Team
Makes 12 mini doughnuts
Macros for 1 doughnut:
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sugar: 1.8g
Attributes: Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free
- 3 each – Egg whites
- 1 ½ tbsp – Apple sauce, unsweetened
- ¾ cup Chocolate Chip Protein Pancake Mix
- 1 tsp – Granulated Stevia
- 3 tbsp – Almond Flour
- ½ tsp – Baking powder
- ½ cup Plain Yogurt – non fat
- To taste Granulated stevia
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a mini doughnut pan.
- Whisk the egg whites until frothy then add apple sauce.
- Add in the protein pancake mix, stevia, almond flour, and baking powder until fully combined.
- Divide between doughnuts and bake for 12-15 minutes until slightly golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- Whisk all ingredients together and either dip donuts into mixture or pipe onto donuts, once they are cool.
- Store in refrigerator.