Best Pancake Recipe
By Brice Woodard, ABS Team Member
What makes the perfect pancake? An incredibly fluffy pancake? Flavors so rich you'll feel like you're at a 5-star restaurant? Enough toppings to put a pizza to shame? All of these are the reason pancakes end up being less than perfect. We end up trying to do all of them together and end up with a subpar pancake. How do you make the best pancakes? One step at a time.
Start with medium-low to medium heat. Any higher will burn the pancake. Cook until the edges are dry and the middle starts to bubble. Flip it over and cook the other side. A couple words of warning though. The other side will cook faster and DO NOT flatten pancake with the spatula. This will leave your pancake flat and hard, and you can say goodbye to the perfect pancake.
Timing the toppings right makes a huge difference in the outcome of your pancakes. Instead of mixing in your fruit, nuts, etc., in your mix at the beginning, wait until the pancakes are cooking. Add them to the pancakes while they are still cooking the first side. This will heat them just enough to incorporate them into the pancakes without flattening them.
Ready to create the perfect pancake? Try this recipe for some of the tastiest, fluffiest Cinnamon Roll pancakes you've ever had. Just don't forget to use your newfound knowledge on creating the perfect pancakes!
Makes 1 Stack:
Attributes: Gluten Free
1 rounded scoop of ABS Cinnamon Roll Pancake Mix
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Mix ABS Cinnamon Roll Protein Pancake Mix with baking powder and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mix water and egg whites and set aside.
3. Create well in dry ingredients and mix in wet ingredients.
4. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
5. Spray pan and make three pancakes by scooping or pouring out batter into the pan.
6. Cook for 40-60 seconds until bubbles begin to appear and pop.
7. Flip for another 40-60 seconds until golden brown.
8. Top with favorite sugar-free syrup.
Pancakes can be delicious and nutritious. Try any one of our delicious recipes using these tips and never have a bad pancake again.
Comments will be approved before showing up.