Chocolate Protein Pancakes
By Brice Woodard, ABS Team Member
Adopting a healthier lifestyle often brings up mixed emotions. The thought of eating nothing but vegetables and lean proteins can scare you away before you even start. Fortunately, the successful approach to long-term health doesn't mean giving up all the foods you love. In fact, it's better to incorporate those tasty foods into your diet.
Moderation is the key to the being successful in any diet. You still need to be able to enjoy the foods you love, or you won't be able to stick with your diet. One of the hardest foods to give up for most is chocolate. With this recipe, not only will you get your chocolate fix, but you'll get a dose of delicious protein pancakes to boot.
Makes 3-4 pancakes:
1 rounded scoop of ABS Chocolate Chip Protein Pancake Mix
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp dark chocolate chips
1. Mix ABS Chocolate Chip Protein Pancake Mix with water, egg whites, baking powder, and set aside.
2. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
3. Spray pan and make three to four pancakes by scooping or pouring out batter into the pan.
4. Sprinkle a small handful of chocolate chips into pancake batter on the pan.
5. Cook for 40-60 seconds until bubbles begin to appear and pop.
6. Flip for another 40-60 seconds until golden brown.
7. Top with favorite chocolate sugar-free syrup.
Finding a way to incorporate your favorite foods will help you stay on track to reach your fitness goals. This recipe is just one of the many recipes you can add to your fat-burning arsenal while still enjoying the foods you love.