"Almond Joy" ABS Protein Pancakes
By: Justine Martin, ABS Team
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Macros per serving
Protein: 43 g.
Carbohydrates: 38 g.
Fat: 16 g.
2 T. cocoa powder
1/2 T. granulated sugar
1 T. water
1 T. unsweetened shredded coconut
- In a small blender or food processor, combine cottage cheese and cream of coconut. Blend for 15 seconds, or until smooth. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Heat oven or toaster oven to 450F. On a baking sheet lined with foil, spread shredded coconut in one even layer and bake for 2-3 minutes, until coconut is just golden brown.
- While coconut is toasting, heat cocoa powder, granulated sugar, and water in a small saucepan on the stove over medium heat, stirring constantly. Once chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth, cook for 1 minute then remove from heat to allow sauce to thicken slightly.
- Combine all pancake batter ingredients and prepare according to package directions.
- To assemble: Frost each pancake with the coconut cream mixture and stack. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and top with toasted coconut. Enjoy!
Leave a comment